Sturgeon Bay business installs Rip-Rap
Pier & Waterfront Solutions has expanded its Sturgeon Bay rip-rap business to handle the increased installation demand on Lake Michigan and the Bay of Green Bay. Installing rip-rap has prevented further destruction due to the high water levels. Pier & Waterfront Solutions has kept its excavators working through the winter to meet the demand.
PWS Co-owner, Dave Kalista, has been coordinating the work for the last two years. Dave recently reported that “As the waters continue to rise, the demand has risen with it. We recently added another excavator to handle the demand.” Dave went on to say, “With the additional excavator, we can better serve our customers in a timely fashion.”
As of Jan. 2020, local waters in Sturgeon Bay and the whole of the Door County Peninsula have risen 39,” year-to-year. 39″ exceeds records set back in 1986. Some experts predict water levels will increase by an additional 20″ by the end of summer.
As a result, beaches are eroding at an alarming rate. The erosion is due to record-setting water levels and intense storms. Typical damage includes eroded beaches, lawns, and uprooted trees and vegetation.
How can you protect your Property?
Experts agree – rip-rap and seawalls are the best methods to protect against erosion. Of the choices, rip-rap is the least costly by far.
Contact Dave at (920) 905-2588 for more information.
Where is Pier & Waterfront Solutions?
Located at 7325 St. Hwy 57, it’s 3 miles south of Sturgeon Bay, and 1 mile past the intersection of Cty MM (heading north). Look on the right side, one mile north, at the next intersection (Idlewild Road and Hwy 57).
ARE WE OPEN?
During this time of uncertainty, Pier & Waterfront Solutions is staying “open.” We have implemented measures to ensure the safety of our employees and visitors. At the same time, we are working to maintain the trusted service that you have come to expect.
We are implementing these precautionary measures:
1. Conducting as much business as possible by email, text, or phone.
2. Site visits will continue but with limited in-person meetings. When in-person contacts are necessary, we will follow “social distancing” guidelines.
3. Our display yard is always open for you to examine at your leisure. All displays have a numbered, red tag on them. If you want more information or pricing, please reference that number.
Is there More?
4. Some employees will be working remotely, but they are always available by phone.
5. Any employee with symptoms or illness is sent home.
6. We continue to provide estimates and invoices by email to make the process paperless.
7. Crew starting times are being staggered to limit social interactions.
8. We keep the same crews together to limit cross interactions.
With these measures, we hope everyone will stay safe, and we will be back to normal operations soon.
What can you do to help us?
1. Please conduct as much business as possible via emails, messaging, and emails. This step protects everyone involved.
2. When you see our crews installing equipment, please practice “social distancing.”
Thank you for allowing us to work with you.
So – YES – ARE WE OPEN?
Please call, message, or email us with any questions.
Let’s all stay safe!
Jerry @ (920) 493-4404 or Jerry@wisconsinpws.com – Commercial work & new/used Sales.
Dave @ (920) 905-2588 or Dave@wisconsinpws.com – Erosion control & shoreline work.
John @ (920) 493-4405 or John@wisconsinpws.com – Scheduling & Service work